Kananaskis ended up being a bit shorter than originally planned. This is a typical Zaphod Beeblebrox scenario. I thought that I had booked two nights, the idea being to arrive in the Rockies after a long drive from Regina and not have to worry about setting up camp. Nothing but luxury for the first couple of nights in the Rockies, and what the heck, might as well put in some serious miles hiking and then eat restaurant food in the evening.
Well, at some point between initial planning and printing off my reservations, something changed.
I saw that I had only reserved for the first night in Kananaskis, and had nothing reserved for the next day. I can only speculate as to why I didn't book that second night.
So my second logistical challenge was afoot. Given that I'm now fully immersed in business think, I know that a challenge is really an opportunity. And when given an opportunity, especially on this trip, I make the most of it. Because You Only Live Once.
Our family selfie in Kananaskis. First photos with a real mountain backdrop.
My six children.

No comments:
Post a Comment