We were going to do a bit of watersliding in the morning before leaving Thunder Bay, but the pool wasn't open at 6 AM when I woke up. (In fact, the slide only opened at 5 PM!) We took that as our cue to bolt: A little less Thunder Bay and a little more Winnipeg.
I have to admit I've never given Winnipeg a chance in the past. I wanted to take at least a bit of time to poke around on this trip. As luck would have it I got a good deal on a nice hotel that happens to be right next to The Forks, which all tourists are advised to visit.
I was also on the lookout for Ukranian food while here. As luck would have it, I found perogies at The Forks.
Our breakfast 360 at Kakabeka falls just outside Thunder Bay.
The Niagara of the North.
We were happy with that Uncle John gave us the tip to check out these falls.
ibid.
And off to friendly Manitoba.
First stop - just outside Winnipeg to fill up on Slurpees.
And then to the Fort Garry Hotel. A slight step up from our digs in Thunder Bay. Though no water slides.
Is that love?
Off to explore the forks. The backpack is to hold candy if necessary.
May this be the only bear we see on this trip.
Even the nastiest bear wouldn't lay a paw on my Emmalou.
Winnipeg food part 1: perogies.
And borscht. And garbage rolls.
This building brings together two of the most thrilling things for any kid: museums and human rights. We decided to appreciate it from the outside.
The plaque on Fort Garry makes reference to Laverendrye.
Fort Garry.
We had a supper 360 on this trip. I looked for a restaurant that offered local fare and found one next door: "Prairie 360" at the top of the next building.
A view of our hotel from the elevator.
The look on Oscar's face when he realized that the restaurant was rotating.
The sun reflecting off "Golden Boy" on the Manitoba Legislature.












No comments:
Post a Comment