Monday, October 13, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Unfortunately there was no crowd at the inn today, but the three of us did our best to eat like a family of six.  I certainly made enough food.
The pies are delicious.  We haven't cut into them yet, so I'm judging only based on looks (but hey, that's how the world works, isn't it?)  The pumpkin was actually a giant pumpkin we grew in our garden.  Bonus points, maybe, but if I am correct, giant pumpkins are not really pumpkins at all, but another orange squash.  We'll see if has an impact on the flavour.  The other one is an apple pie, which took 4 apples.  Leaving another 36 in the bag to throw at passing cars.
We ate about 10% of the turkey and I'm already sick of the leftovers.  It doesn't help that I made a chicken on Wednesday.
Our other activity today was watching the football game (a massacre I'd rather forget.)








No comments: